This will be a smooth, easy, and graceful week for you — if, that is, you get yourself out of the way and allow the universe to do its job. Can you do that? It doesn’t mean you should be passive or blank. On the contrary, in order for the cosmos to perform its magic, you should be on the lookout for what captivates your imagination and be primed to jump when life says “jump!” Be both relaxed and alert; receptive and excitable; surrendered to the truth and in intimate contact with your primal power. Then the song will sing itself. The dream will interpret itself. The beauty will reveal itself.
I love this, especially the bit about the song singing itself…. Indeed it should. So I think I’ll let it.
Bit and pieces of life
- My brother went into a complete tailspin after threatening to sue me after reading my post where I said I didn’t want to play with him any more. It got so bad that he was calling my parents every day in a complete tirade, made my mother cry. That was that. I wrote him and said something along the lines of “Dude, chill. Breathe. Go be happy. We will never fix decades of problems overnight. I love you.” He wrote back saying thanks and all has been quiet ever since.
- The job got a bit crazy last week. It’s just always busy, co-worker behaving in very unprofessional ways (turns out this is normal, she is tolerated due to her longevity, historial knowledge, and mad skillz), that I got cranky. After a weekend of self-examination I decided that while I’m grateful and am not ever leaving until there is something else of substance waiting for me, I will at some point move on. Until then I am going to be militantly cheerful.
- Home life starting to swing again. After the episode of violence with Dad he calmed down eventually and things got pretty normal around here. No more blood sugar crises, no outburts, almost back to normal. Until yesterday. Now he’s all confused, his behavior is erratic if pleasant with grumpy face, he doesn’t know what the heck is going on. Hose running outside with the front door wide open while he chats amiably with a neighbor as our precious and expensive resources just go off into the good and cool night. Using the hose to flush the internal vacuum system. Here we go again. It’s never going to get better than this and I’m certain that the episodes will become more and more frequent. Let’s hope they are not as extreme as they were that day since we are no longer trying to get him to stop driving. He promised the cops and that’s a promise he’ll keep.
- Projects are easing back into my life. Knitted socks for Yule presents, a felted zipper pouch with embroidery (another Yule gift), a tarot bag for a vampire deck for Lewis who cuts my hair who I adore, and a reproduction Roumanian peasant blouse (white linen with red embroidery, seam details, and crocheted neckline and sleeve hem). I want to make a black wool cloak as well as a black robe. I have the later but it’s really just a loose long black dress/tunic. Hekates night inspired me to do something for her for that night of the year and other occassions when it’s called for. I actually have the fabric, brought it with me, one of the few things I did that showed a view into what I would need this year (or two).
- It’s dark at 5:10 now. Wow. Yule approacheth and that doesn’t seem half weird right now. I feel as though I’ve missed an entire year of my life.
Life is good. Really good. Car is saved, bills are paid, family is well enough and the drama has declined, I feel like an adult again, kitty won’t come out from under the bed much which concerns me a bit but what can you do.
Keeping it simple.